Thursday, October 09, 2008

Physics Nerds Unite!

Maybe Meag was right; maybe I am a puppet master.* How else do you explain ten people showing up at a rope pull for physics club?! We made a good showing, I'd have to say. Our first opponent was a team full of giant males - I think they were shaking in their boots when they saw we had two members under 5-foot-and-100-pounds! But we gave them a run for their money and held them off for a good 15 seconds.

Thanks to Vivian, Rose, and Kristen for temporarily abandoning your other teams to help out physics club! Vivian and ASO won their first match - I think Vivian could have won that one by herself, she's just that tough! Kristen, Rose and the Habitat team had won twice by the time I left. They are my pick to win it all!

By the way, we have a boat! The cardboard boat for Saturday's Regatta is all assembled, and now has a coat of paint. Bright red, because red vehicles go faster, of course. More boat building tomorrow, starting at 1 pm.

*She was referring to my attempt to convince people to buy club T-shirts by offering T-shirt loans that probably would never be repayed. Hey, wait - where's my bailout?!

2 comments:

meagb said...

You are the puppet master because you made things actually happen at meetings, even though you were always sitting in the back, rather than "leading" the meetings. Of course, it was always meant as a compliment :)

Augie Physics said...

Thanks Meag!