Sunday, February 05, 2012

Nerd Fury Unleashed

Each year at this time, I have posted about unleashing nerd fury in response to a call-out by Stephen Colbert. This year the nerd-fury award goes to Anonymous.

The recent news that they hacked FBI/Scotland Yard communications is impressive. I'm not sure if I am frightened or comforted by their abilities, but I am most certainly impressed.

It brings up a very good question: Who do we want to have such power - a government elected by the people or a random group of really smart, mostly anonymous people? Now that may sound like a loaded question - when I say "elected by the people" that must be good, right? But anymore it seems that elections depend more on what is bought than what is thought. I'm beginning to lean toward "really smart" instead.

In the end, it makes a clear statement that no one - not even the most powerful intelligence agencies - wants to have nerd fury unleashed on them.

No comments: